New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer Safeguards Fundamental Rights
Determined Camden County firm challenges police and prosecutors
Martone Law Group, LLC in Haddon Heights advocates on behalf individuals in Camden and Burlington counties who have been charged with criminal misconduct. Attorney Kelli M. Martone has 15 years of legal experience in South Jersey and is determined to help accused clients obtain the best possible result whether that is an acquittal, a dismissal or a favorable plea agreement.
Proven Haddon Heights attorney handles all types of criminal proceedings
Within New Jersey, “indictable offenses” are equivalent to felonies, carrying a prison sentence of at least one year. Less severe crimes, typically referred to as misdemeanors, are divided into “disorderly person offenses” and “petty disorderly person offenses.” Depending upon the level of the offense, a criminal conviction may lead to incarceration, fines and a record that could prevent you from getting the job or home that you want. Accordingly, it is vital to hire a qualified South Jersey criminal defense lawyer who can help you fight allegations relating to:
- Drug crimes — When someone is charged with the illegal possession or sale of a controlled substance, I provide personalized representation and pursue alternatives to incarceration, such as drug addiction treatment, whenever appropriate.
- Drunk driving — Even a first conviction for driving while intoxicated (DWI) affects your ability to operate a vehicle legally and might lead to jail time. If you’ve been accused of drunk driving, my firm determines whether inappropriate police activity or a tainted blood-alcohol test is to blame.
- Theft and possessing stolen property — The severity of a theft-related criminal count depends on the value of what purportedly was taken. I push back against falsely inflated charges and vigorously advocate for people when they’ve been accused of theft or of possessing items that they know were stolen.
- Sexual offenses — Prosecutions for sexual assault and other sex crimes can hinge on witness testimony or the interpretation of certain statements. Through skillful questioning and extensive analysis of the evidence, my firm works to defeat unsupported allegations.
- Murder — Intentionally causing someone else’s death is charged as first-degree murder in New Jersey and the penalty is 30 years to life in prison. The seriousness of murder and manslaughter charges demands a proven defense lawyer with trial experience.
- Traffic offenses — Convictions for moving violations such as reckless driving can trigger fines, license points and possibly even jail time. If you’ve been charged with speeding, running a red light or a different type of traffic offense, I review the facts thoroughly and assess the strength of the case against you.
- Domestic violence — When someone is accused of committing an offense linked to domestic violence, my firm offers effective representation for both criminal and civil proceedings.
Regardless of the particular allegation, my firm aggressively challenges overzealous prosecutors and evidence that is misleading or was improperly collected.
Dedicated litigator assists individuals after an arrest
Accused individuals sometimes don’t exercise their fundamental rights. Prosecutors know that people frequently accept a quick guilty plea because they’re unaware of defenses that might be available or simply are embarrassed and just want to get the whole matter over with. From the moment you’re arrested, authorities are working to build a case against you, so it’s critical that you retain a qualified defense attorney as soon as possible. During questioning, I can make sure that your right to remain silent is respected and harmful mistakes don’t occur. From there, my firm provides a clear, honest assessment of the evidence against you, so you can make an informed choice about whether to go to trial or plead guilty in exchange for a reduced sentence.
Contact an aggressive South Jersey criminal defense lawyer for a consultation
Martone Law Group, LLC in Haddon Heights defends New Jersey clients who have been charged with a felony, misdemeanor or traffic offense. To discuss your case with a qualified attorney, please call 856-432-4587 or contact me online.